Ready, set, go: training with Success Academy
Training to implement SuccessFactors BizX Suite in your enterprise organization typically involves three phases: getting your team ready to configure SuccessFactors modules, setting up software administrators with the tools they need, and going live with a plan to help end users buy in, adopt, and embrace our solutions.
Our customer training schedule is available via our Customer Community; see the training schedule here. Note: Login required. Only current SuccessFactors customers can gain access to the Community and the Success Academy portal.
Get ready to run
You want your SuccessFactors investment to pay dividends quickly. Get off on the right foot with Project Team Orientation (PTO). This quick overview session helps your project team understand how the software works and the major configuration decisions they’ll need to make.
Your implementation journey begins with discussions with your implementation consultant. We design your Project Team Orientation for your organization’s major stakeholders who are responsible for implementing the SuccessFactors system. Project teams typically consist of several roles from your organization, including:
- Project Managers
- IT professionals
- HR Business Analysts
- Executive Sponsors
Project Team Orientation sessions are led by Success Academy’s instructors, who facilitate knowledge transfer on SuccessFactors’ core, out-of-the box functionality. Participants in these sessions will be fully prepared to make the best decisions for a successful SuccessFactors implementation.
- Who should attend? Major stakeholders responsible for implementing.
- When should we go? At project kick-off.
- What’s covered? Success Academy trainers cover SuccessFactors’ core out-of-the-box functionality. You’ll leave fully prepared to make the best decisions for a successful SuccessFactors implementation.
- What does it cost? It’s included with Platform bundles. Private/onsite options are also available.
- How do we sign up? Visit Success Academy’s training portal to register. Email email@example.com to learn more.
Setting your systems for success: What your SuccessFactors system administrators need to know
SuccessFactors implementations rely heavily on key system administrators. Strong system administrators are experts with SuccessFactors features and functionality, and they understand how using the system supports the business objectives of the entire organization.
Success Academy’s BizX Administrator courses are designed for busy administrators, who can take virtual courses when they fit into their schedules. This helps your staff retain what they learn and apply it on the job, with minimal disruption to their daily activities.
Best Practice: Project teams should identify lead system administrators early, and include them as part of the implementation.
System administrators follow a training path focused on system concepts, features, and terminology. As configuration progresses and system go-live approaches, administrators should enroll in our public administration sessions to ensure their readiness for your system rollout.
- Who should attend? Administrators who are responsible for the software.
- When should we go? Two months before go-live date.
- What’s covered? Success Academy trainers cover system concepts, features, and terminology. Administrators practice skills, ask questions, and get reference resources before they go live.
- What does it cost? Included with Platform bundles (LMS and WFA/P require a separate subscription). Private/onsite options are also available.
- How do we sign up? Visit Success Academy’s training to register, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Additional SuccessFactors system administrators training
In addition to training described above, Success Academy also offers:
- Private system administrator training: Success Academy can lead private virtual or onsite system administrator classes with tailored delivery to your configuration and implementation needs.
- Custom SuccessFactors system training documentation: Success Academy can work with your team to create custom training materials to support your customized training delivery.
Year-long “ticket” to unlimited public administrator training as part of talent insights platform product
The SuccessFactors Talent Insights Platform product now includes a year-long “ticket” to unlimited Success Academy administrator training. These courses are offered on a monthly basis and currently include courses on Talent Insights administration.
A special code is needed before you register for the training sessions. When you are ready for your first class, contact email@example.com and we will get you started.
Note: Workforce Analytics/Workforce Planning and the Learning Management Solution “Working Smarter” training series are not included in the platform offering and require a separate purchase.
Spreading the word: what end users need to know
Buy in. Adopt. Embrace. Until your end users begin to use your SuccessFactors system on a day-to-day basis, your investment in improved business performance is at risk. Ensuring each end user knows what to do, how to do it, and what is in it for them are key pillars of business execution. Success Academy offers you several options to help you create your own adoption program that will start your end users down the road of acceptance, proficiency, and success using your SuccessFactors system.
End users: meet everyone at the finish line
It’s up to you to make sure that end users adopt your SuccessFactors software. End users who know what to do, how to do it, and what is in it for them are key pillars of business execution. We can consult with you on specific change management steps. Success Academy’s end user training material options enable you to tailor an adoption program that gets your end users down the road of acceptance, proficiency, and success.
A strong end-user adoption program has several components:
- Communicating early and often the changes created by the implementation and impacts to end users.
- Creating an end-user training and adoption plan that takes into account the ongoing production needs of the business and enables them to prepare for the training rollout.
- Selecting and/or developing appropriate training materials that are based on adult learning principles and that address the various learning styles of your end users.
- Delivering effective end user training via a delivery method that works best for your culture and the environment in which your workforce will be trained.
- Providing on-the-job reinforcement of the training via step-by-step job aids covering the most critical system tasks end users are expected to perform.
- Establishing usage metrics and periodically reviewing them.
Option one: Roll out a standardized “best practices” adoption program
Success Academy provides standard training materials and job aids* for managing your own end user SuccessFactors adoption program. These materials contain content on the most used features and functionality of a particular SuccessFactors product in a generic configuration. The materials are provided from the SuccessFactors community site and include:
- Training presentation slides
- Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) – for employees
- Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) – for managers
If you do not have the time to train your staff to deliver these standard SuccessFactors training materials, our training partner, Aasonn, offers a growing schedule of “FastTrack” training courses for end users that cover many of the SuccessFactors products. You can elect to have your end users purchase these virtual classroom courses as they need them or arrange for dedicated sessions targeted for specific work groups.
* WFA/WFP & Employee Central standard Administrator Training materials are not available at this time.
Our base materials are available in English and may be translated into other languages (additional fees will apply).
Option two: Tailor an adoption program
If you prefer to have your end users see how your own SuccessFactors system has been configured during training, our training partners Aasonn also offer a low-cost “Tailored FastTrack” training option. A dedicated, SuccessFactors certified trainer will be assigned to your program and will work with you to understand your specific setups and workflows. They then use our standard FastTrack presentations with your SuccessFactors instance to demonstrate key learning points during training. Trainers are also available after training to answer any additional questions.
Option three: create a custom end-user training program
Quick Reference Guide
PowerPoint training deck
Do you have an international audience? Are you rolling out a series of SuccessFactors modules over a period of time? Are there specific change management messages you need to convey? You can elect to engage us to build a formal program for you or participate in an advisory conversation with an expert from Success Academy.Deliver custom end user training
When resources and/or expertise to deliver live training are tight, you can engage Success Academy to help. Training delivery is available in several formats to meet your specific needs:
Develop custom end user training materials
As part of your SuccessFactors subscription, you have access to the Customer Community, where your end users access standard Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) and training presentation slides. In addition, Success Academy can create various end-user materials that are specific to your branding, configuration, and processes, including:
We can help: Putting it all together
SuccessFactors realizes that each organization has unique goals, challenges, and culture which work together to make their people successful. This outline provides a broad scope of Success Academy offerings. Feel free to have a conversation with us on what would work best for you; we can help.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the Success Academy training cancellation policy.