Success Story: American Municipal Power
Industry:Energy and Chemicals
SuccessFactors Solutions:Compensation, Employee Profile, Performance & Goals, Succession & Development
American Municipal Power’s (AMP) provides electricity, with a specific focus on low-cost electric solutions, to their customers. To realize their goal of becoming an even better organization for its members, they needed to close the following gaps:
- Inefficient and time-consuming paper-based performance review process
- Unable to tie merit increases and rewards to employee performance
- No overall succession plan or pipeline in place for expansion
AMP turned to SuccessFactors to bring greater insight across the organization to be able to develop a high-performing workforce and reward them appropriately. They selected a small business core solution that included Performance Management, Goals (including Goal Execution) and Employee Profile, in addition to Compensation, 360 Reviews, Succession Planning and Development Planning, they were able to:
- Provide management with a snapshot of employee performance
- Identify high-performers through performance feedback from multiple sources
- Develop employee skills with better coaching and meaningful feedback from managers
AMP implemented SuccessFactors and realized the following business results:
- Based upon well-rounded, 360 feedback, employees created development plans with their managers to expand their knowledge and skill sets allowing them to be more successful and engaged in their roles.
- Management identified employees who had interests in specific roles and were able to create a strategic process to allow them to experience the new role, learn whether they were prepared to succeed, and, after the experience, whether they still desired the role creating a much deeper and true pipeline for positions.
- Based upon critical, measurable data, management was able to overturn their Board’s planned reduction of budgets. In fact, they retained 100% of the merit and bonuses necessary to retain their high-performing employees.