SuccessFactors, Inc. ("SuccessFactors") is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information while using our Web site (www.successfactors.com/) and hosted services. This Privacy Statement applies to all Personal Information entered by a Customer or Employee into the Hosted Service, as well as specific terms for the SuccessFactors Web site.
Data transfers of Personal Information for legal purposes (e.g., to fulfill law enforcement, discovery, or other legal requests) are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
Safe Harbor Certification
SuccessFactors complies with the United States (“US”) - European Union (“EU”) Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework and has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement detailed below. To comply with the Safe Harbor Principles and data protection statutes in other jurisdictions, SuccessFactors must ensure that Personal Information (including personal information of SuccessFactors Employees and Customers) is properly handled and protected in the SuccessFactors’ hosted services and Web site. Notwithstanding the foregoing this Privacy Statement sets the minimum standards whereas additional obligations may derive from contractual obligations with a Customer or the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view SuccessFactors’ certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Transfers of Personal Information to third parties may only occur if and when such organizations follow adequate data protection principles. All SuccessFactors Affiliates are equally bound by SuccessFactors’ then current relevant privacy policies and guidelines. All SuccessFactors Subprocessors (e.g., vendors, service providers, contractors, consultants, or other agents) performing services on SuccessFactors’ behalf are contractually obligated to provide the same level of security and privacy protections provided by SuccessFactors and have to agree to comply with SuccessFactors’ lawful instructions. Subprocessors must not use Personal Information for their own purpose(s) unless explicitly authorized.
SuccessFactors undertakes to Customers and Web site visitors, and Employees that it has taken and will, on a continuing basis, take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep Personal Information secure and protect such Personal Information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, with SuccessFactors ensuring a level of security appropriate to: (i) the harm that might result from the unauthorized or unlawful processing of or accidental loss, destruction or damage to such Personal Information; and (ii) the nature of the Personal Information to be protected.
SuccessFactors shall use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that those Employees to whom it grants access to such Personal Information are appropriately trained.
SuccessFactors will, upon Customer's or Employees’ reasonable request, provide such information and documentation as may be necessary to reasonably satisfy itself of SuccessFactors’ compliance with this Privacy Statement.
Unless required for the performance of the employment rights and duties between SuccessFactors and its Employees or required or permitted by applicable laws, individuals may have the ability to opt out of the collection and forward transfer of the data to third parties to the extent fully disclosed to an individual at the time of collecting data. Employees are responsible for the appropriate use of the Hosted Service and individuals have the right to access information held about them and correct or delete it if it is inaccurate.
In the event your personal information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person, and applicable law requires notification to you by SuccessFactors, SuccessFactors will notify you of such breach promptly by email, fax, or U.S. mail, as permitted by law and consistent with the reasonable investigatory needs of law enforcement and/or SuccessFactors.
SuccessFactors will use Personal Information that is relevant for the purpose(s) it was collected for and take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is kept accurate and current by its Employees. SuccessFactors will undertake to obtain Employee’s prior consent, where legally required, to the extent it wishes to extend the purpose of the data processing.
Upon request of an Employee, SuccessFactors will provide access to Personal Information held and correct or delete it if it is inaccurate.
Choice/Opt-Out and Updating Information
If you receive marketing or similar e-mail messages from us and wish to opt out of receiving such messages, you may simply follow the opt-out procedure specified in such e-mail. In addition, if you have registered on our site, you may opt out of receiving any future marketing or similar messages by emailing your request to unsubscribe here: email@example.com.
Users of SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK) may elect not to receive future communications. If you are a registered User, please open the email you received from RMK and click on the unsubscribe link. If you prefer to have your account removed permanently, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuccessFactors will retain RMK User information for as long as the User account is active or as needed to provide services. If you as a User wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
SuccessFactors has implemented and will maintain appropriate measures to enforce this Privacy Statement, including but not limited to:
- Conducting independent audits of its control environment by third party auditor(s), Customers and SuccessFactors internal audit and/or Legal department
- Educating and training SuccessFactors Employees, Subprocessors on these principles
- Investigating any data security breach in accordance with a defined procedure by its CIO, General Counsel and Data Protection Officer, as applicable.
- Employees who fail to comply with this Privacy Statement may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Customers and Employees who receive information indicating that (i) an Affiliate or Subprocessor is collecting, using, sharing, or storing Personal Information in violation of applicable statutes and regulations, contractual agreements, or SuccessFactors policies and procedures should immediately notify the SAP Data Protection Officer.
- Complaints, inquiries or data privacy requests shall be directed to the SuccessFactors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written inquiries may be addressed to: SuccessFactors, Inc., SAP Data Protection Office, Dietmar- Hopp- Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany.
- Unresolved complaints about SuccessFactors’ privacy practices can also be submitted to an independent dispute resolution mechanism with the UK Information Commissioner.
Web Site Specific Terms
The following Web Site Specific Terms provide further information, in addition to the principles above, about how SuccessFactors collects and uses personally identifiable information if and when you use our Web site or provide information to us in connection with your visit:
- By using our Web site, you are agreeing to the collection and use of personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. Your personal information may be transferred abroad (including outside the EU for our users in the EU and Switzerland) in connection with your visit to the SuccessFactors’ Web site.
- Our server software gathers in log files, general demographic information from all users of our Web site. For each visitor to the SuccessFactors Web site, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's domain name, browser type, operating system, referring domains, entry page, exit page, and average time on the Web site. This information is used for internal purposes only, to help us improve our Web site and better understand our visitors' needs.
- If you choose to receive company or product information, you will need to complete our online request forms. The online forms provide site visitors with an opportunity to request free product downloads and demos, view SuccessFactors white papers, register for free SuccessFactors online seminars, and enroll for various services. These forms require your name, company name, e-mail address, company address, phone number as well as other information to help us determine and respond to your needs related to the products and/or services requested. All information provided by the visitor is voluntary. We use this information to send updates about our company and our products and to contact you if requested or necessary. We also use the demographic information you provide on these forms in connection with studies and reports regarding our Web site, such as Web site usage patterns, in order to better understand the needs of visitors to our Web site. We will not, however, associate any personally identifiable information which you provide with the information in these studies and reports.
- E-mail Addresses
We do not collect e-mail addresses without the site visitor voluntarily providing us with this information (typically via our online information request form, whitepaper request form, and other Web site forms and surveys). We will periodically use your e-mail information for service, sales, support, and marketing purposes. From time to time, we may share your e-mail address with our partner organizations and companies for service, sales, support, and marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing e-mail from us or our partners in the future, you may opt out as described above.
- Third Party Websites
The SuccessFactors Web site may provide links to third-party Web sites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the SuccessFactors Web site. SuccessFactors does not control these third-party sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from SuccessFactors'. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party Web sites. The personal data you choose to give to unrelated third parties is not covered by this Privacy Statement.
- DMCA Notice
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the SuccessFactors Web site or a hosted service provided by SuccessFactors, please notify SuccessFactors' copyright agent, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA"). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the SuccessFactors Web site or hosted service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit SuccessFactors to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
1 Tower Place, Suite 1100
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Attn: General Counsel
- Photography Any photography used on this website is prohibited for downloading, republication, retransmission, reproduction or other used as a stand alone file.
Email: SuccessFactors-AR@sap.com, with “DMCA Notice” in the subject line
Scott J. Zimmerman
Senior IP Counsel, SAP
15 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803, USA
Under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying SuccessFactors that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with SuccessFactors' rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or this Web site, please contact us directly at: email@example.com.
Written inquiries may be addressed to: SuccessFactors, Inc., SAP Data Protection Office, Dietmar- Hopp- Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
SuccessFactors may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. If SuccessFactors decides to make material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will post the changes on this page so that you always will know what information we collect, how it is used, and when and how it will be disclosed. Your use of the SuccessFactors Web site following notice of such change will be deemed acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement, which may include application of the new policy to information provided prior to the date of such change.
The effective date of this revision of the Privacy Statement is April 27, 2015.